Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dodgin' for Dusti

Tuesday was a very out of the ordinary day for me! Those of you that know me very well know that I am NOT athletic to say the least. I haven't played a sport since church camp in 1992! Even then, I wouldn't have called it "playing"!!! But Tuesday I played in my first and most likely last dodgeball tournament! It was a fundraiser for Dusti (the 4 year old daughter of my coworker that I had asked for prayers for back in September). Dusti is in remission from her leukemia....praise the Lord!!! She is still having treatments, but is doing well. Our team is called "Westside Dodgers"....see me 3rd from the left! I know you are jealous of those purple socks too....
Here we are in action! Our first game was against 8th grade cheerleaders and we WON! The 2nd game was against 6th & 7th grade boys and we got skunked! It was a double elimination tournament.....our 3rd and LAST game was against 8th grade boys and good thing it was our LAST because I got hit in the face HARD and was numb for a few minutes! Those balls hurt especially being thrown by a big 13 year old boy! I know...suck it up....right?!

Here is our team with Dusti and her mom Michelle there in front.

Aubrie wanted to get in there too ofcourse!

Wonder where she gets not looking at the camera from?!
It was fun, but considering one of the members had a possible broken wrist and another one an injured toe.....I don't know if the "Westside Dodgers" will be enduring many more games of dodgeball!
Thanks again for everyone who has been praying for little Dusti! They are working! Our community and surrounding areas have done other fundraisers for her as well. Our Justiss Student Council (that I am one of the sponsors for) organized "Dimes for Dusti" and raised $1,000. They have had an ATV riding weekend in Honey Grove this month to raise money and I believe there is an auction coming up on Nov. 1st!

3 comments:

Amy said...

That is awesome! I am so glad she is in remission!!

jaymie said...

way to go you little ATHLETE!!! I just got all caught up on your blog (since me and kan are chilling here while everyon is at church) and you are now on my google reader so I won't miss a SINGLE post!!!!!! So good to see you last night!

jaymie said...

way to go you little ATHLETE!!! I just got all caught up on your blog (since me and kan are chilling here while everyon is at church) and you are now on my google reader so I won't miss a SINGLE post!!!!!! So good to see you last night!