Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Birthday Girl!

Okay, so I FINALLY got a hold of my mom's camera and uploaded her pics from Aubrie's party so that I could finish up this post. It's been "in the works" for a week now. So, in case you didn't read my last post, my Aubrie turned the big 3 years old on the 9th. We had her "cowgirl" themed party on the 7th out at the Woodall Ranch. We've been planning it for over a month and she has talked about it constantly. My mom made her a cowgirl dress and my Granny got her red boots that light up. Oh, she was so precious!

This is the Woodall's. They are dear friends of ours from church and are two of the MOST precious, Christian people I've ever known. They were so willing to let us come out and ride their horses and had a hayride for the kids and everything.
Thank you so much, Marolyn & Louie!


Here are some of the people that came to the party: Modgie, Jack, & Kate.
Little Ridge with Emma.

Jamie and Ethan......I love how they are both tilting their heads!
Gran Gran ofcourse.

Uncle Jerry & Aunt Diane with cousins Julia & Kira (not pictured)

My dad's parents: Toots & Pop

Here are some pics of the birthday girl! This first one is my favorite. It looks like a postcard.

YEE-HAW!

Ridin' with daddy

This is baby Ridge again. He is the most photogenic baby!
Ethan

Kaitlyn......she missed her gymnastics performance to come to her little sisters bday party!

Gibson

Grayson
Aubrie was doing fine on the horse, until she got scared and wanted off. Here is Papa trying to console her.
"Ain't nothin' really wrong, yall! It's time to eat!"

Daddy & Doug cooking hot dogs

It was very windy that night, which was nice until we tried to light her candles.
This series of pics cracks me up. Gibson and Aubrie have been in the same preschool class for 2 years and her teacher told us that they like to pretend that they are married. So cute! But by the looks of these pics, their could be trouble in paradise. Gibson looks like he is trying to figure out what could be wrong with his girl.

"Please talk to me, honey! What did I do?"

When her Nanny asked her what she wanted for her bday, she said a pink teddy bear. So....guess what she got? She has slept with it every night since the party.

She also asked mommy & daddy for her own Bible. So sweet!

"What's under here?"

Her very own Dora big girl bike - another request made!

But the hit of the party by far was the pink Barbie mustang convertible from Mimi & Poppy, Toots & Pop, and Gran Gran. Once she saw it, she wanted nothing to do with anyone or anything. Grayson was the first to ride.
Then Kate....did anyone notice that Kate was the only girl invited to the party other than sisters and cousins. Aubrie is surrounded by boys!
Cousin Julia takin' a spin.

"Hmmmm.....who's next?"
My mom was also celebrating her bday. Aubrie was born on her 50th bday. We got her a bible with large print (at her request). You know when you get that old, your vision begins to worsen. I love you, mom!
Little cowgirl Emma with Mimi....

atleast one granddaughter would cooperate. Mimi wanted a picture of the birthday girls so bad, but guess what Aubrie wouldn't have it. She wanted to suck on her finger instead....something she NEVER does. She was in a strange mood that night.

Can you believe that she would actually use bribary to get this done? Here she is saying..."I've got some gum in my purse that you can have if you'll have your picture made with Mimi."

Sorry, Mimi....I think this is the best we're gonna get.
With all 3 McCarter girls
My handsome cowboy! He did NOT want me to put this on here....too bad honey! He looks like Woody from Toy Story!
The first thing the birthday girl wanted to do was strip from her cowgirl dress as soon as we stepped foot in the house. The second thing she wanted to do was climb up in the barstool and have seconds on her cake. I didn't see her doing this. When I found her I said, "Aubrie, don't put your hands in the cake. I'll get you a plate and a fork and cut you a piece.".......to which she said, "but, Mom...I was just taking a little dip."

All that cake made her thirsty and I could tell she was worn out b/c she wanted to watch Caillou and drink her sippy cup of water...a true sign she is exhausted. She wouldn't let me take the boots off.
Okay, so now that I have totally worn everyone out with party pics...here is a trip through Aubrie's wonderful 3 years as our angel. (I'm almost done, I promise).

1 month

2 months

3 months

4 months
5 months
6 months

7 months
8 months

9 months
10 months
11 months
Her 1st birthday....honestly seems like last week!
just a few favorites of mine from ages 1 to 2.....
her 2nd birthday....
some other favorite moments in her life.....

Aubrie,

Daddy and I look at you everyday and wonder how in the world we made someone so beautiful! We are amazed at how God has blessed us with your precious smile to see each day. There is no words in this world to express how much we love you. Although it makes us sad to see how fast you are growing and changing, we look forward to seeing you become the wonderful Christian girl God has created you to be. We love you, angel!

Mommy & Daddy

7 comments:

Amy said...

Oh man, I didnt know I was gonna cry! I am glad to FINALLY see your pictures! Just kidding. I love them all...her party looked fun. I love the mustang, lucky girl!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Looks like lots of fun was had! Thanks for sharing...

Anonymous said...

You made me cry at the end of the post!! SO sweet! Happy birthday, Aurbie!

Amy said...

Hey..this is a comment to the comment you left on the missing jack post..I cannot imagine having my kids go thru that on a regular basis! WOW. Hey--email me and lets get together really!

Tammy said...

I love those birthday pictures! Such a cute theme and a really cool cake! Wow... time really flies, it feels like Aubrie was born yesterday! She is growing up to be such a precious little girl. You should be proud!

Sheridie said...

Sorry for the late comment, I'm behind on my blog reading. :)Wow...time has flown by! I can't belive our kiddos are 3! Gibson is STILL talking about 'Awbie's biffday party'. He had soooo much fun! I really like your post dedicated to Aubrie thru the years. Very cute! (i may have to steal that idea!)

Anonymous said...

I loved your trip down memory lane! Glad that Kaitlyn got to be there! It is so hard to believe that she is already 3!

-Toni