Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter Hunting #1

Well, spring has sprung and boy have the McCarter's been busy! Kaitlyn is playing softball and Aubrie is playing tball so we have been at the ball fields a lot. We have also been doing lots of Easter activities the last week. With all of this going on, I have a lot of blogging to catch up on! This first post is about the Easter egg hunt that the Poore's had for our little ones at church.

Emma has become quite the daddy's girl (always has been really, but even more so lately)....

Not sure what to think about all the egg hunting hoopla!

But having fun nonetheless!
Emma's name should have been Michael Jr.!!!
Aubrie always has lots of fun with her friend Kate!


Bring on the hunt!
Cannon and Daniel with the Easter Bunny!
"Look, mom!"

Emma with guess who!
I even got to meet the Easter bunny personally and she let me take her picture and help her get dressed! No autograph though!I was trying to take advantage of Melissa's beautiful flowers for a quick photo op....but Emma was not interested!Emma with our friend Paul....
She looks like such a big girl here! My friend Misty sent these pics of Aubrie and her son Grayson who have been friends since birth. They were having so much fun! Thanks Misty!
Picking her nose....lovely!Grayson must've not done what Aubrie told him to or something b/c she looks pretty upset! Or maybe he called her a name like "nose picker" or something....not sure! But he seems to be trying to apologize! heheheToo much drama for Grayson!"No more pics please!"
I'm really not sure what was going on with that whole series of pics....I just made up my own interpretation. Preschoolers are hilarious! Maybe not so much when they wake up at 4:00 a.m. throwing up like Aubrie did this morning. She was in my bed too! Eeewww! By 5:30 a.m. I had already had a bath AND a shower! Probably more of those to come!

I have to tell a quick story: Thursday night after Aubrie had been to her school Easter party and egg hunt (pics of that to come), I was asking her about her day, etc. and realized that she may not have a clue what Easter is all about....with the eggs, bunnies, etc. we seem to lose focus on the reason that this holiday is observed by so many! I said, "Aubrie, do you know the real reason we have Easter?" I figured she would make some reference to all the secular events that had been playing out around her all week. But she reassured me through this brief but but profound (for her age I think) conversation!

Aubrie: "Yep! We have Easter to Celebrate!"

Me: "Celebrate! Celebrate what?" (again expecting something about the Easter bunny)

Aubrie: "We celebrate Jesus dying on the cross for our sins, mom! And he rolled the stone away and he isn't dead anymore!"

Guess I was wrong! Happy Easter everyone!

4 comments:

Amy said...

She's so smart! Emma DOES look JUST like Michael! Hope Aubrie feels better, you should send Emma to your moms so she doesn't get sick!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice when our kids amaze us? Cute story and pics!

Molly Woodall said...

See? They DO listen!
I love all the huntin' pictures! They are so precious!
Love you ALL!

Lacey said...

i love aubrie's hair in pigtails! too cute