Thursday, March 13, 2008

Okay, I'm officially a bad mom!

I like to think that I pretty much have it together as a mom! I'm far from perfect, but I try my very best! I got through with lunch today and came back to my classroom to get ready for my next class. As I sat down to look at the calendar on my desk, I saw "Kiddie Kollege" Easter party and egg hunt for today!!!! Yep, today! I looked at the clock in a panic and saw 11:50 and knew that if Aubrie's party wasn't already over, then it was close! I had totally forgotten! She only goes to school on Tues. & Thurs. and was out last Thurs. and Tues. this week, due to being very sick with high fever and double ear infections. Therefore, I didn't get a note or anything that her teacher sent home about the party. Soooo, guess what else I didn't do....send boiled eggs for the egg hunt! My poor baby went to school this morning empty handed and her clueless mommy feels terrible! I grabbed the phone to call Michael to see if he might have time to run some eggs to the school and he was there at the party - Daddy saved the day. He takes her to school and the teacher told him about it this a.m. He had been trying to call me on my cell, but it was on vibrate! I guess with both my girls being sick, I just didn't have it together like I thought! Hasn't Easter just come all of the sudden out of nowhere this year! The kids at my school aren't having Easter parties because of how it falls during Spring Break, so I guess that's another reason I don't have my head in the game! Am I terrible or what?! Well, I guess it's over now and there is nothing I can do to change that I'm an idiot! Maybe I can make it up to her this weekend at the church egg hunt! Thanks for letting me ramble and vent about this!
I am going to try and post some pics this weekend or atleast next week while I am out of school. Please say your prayers for us on Monday, the 17th. We are taking Emma to the neurosurgeon in Dallas for the second opinion. We'll keep you posted! God bless!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She'll be in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Ok, let me say first that Michael is an awesome daddy b/c my poor, clueless husband needs ME to tell him every move to make, so if he couldnt get me on the phone he would have just not gone. 2nd of all, I promise that will NOT be the only thing you forget! And last but not least, we will be praying for you and your sweet baby and wait for the good news!

Tammy said...

It's okay! I think everyone had a great time at the Kiddie Kollege today. Although Aubrey did NOT want her picture taken with the Easter bunny! (Neither did Tyler and a lot of other kids.) We also had lots of people bring extra eggs so don't worry about that! You are not a bad mom! Your girls are very lucky to have you for their mommy!

Sheridie said...

I SOOO beat you in the Bad Mom Department. I actually got REALLY busy at work one day and forgot to pick Gibson up from Kiddie Kollege. I didn't get there until almost 3. Gibson didn't have a clue but I felt horrible! I'm sure that won't be the last time that happens to me. :) All that to say-You are not a bad mom at all! I agree with Tammy. Your girls are very lucky to have such a great mom! Hope you enjoy your spring break. And I'll keep Emma in my prayers!

Trent's Tribune said...

Emma is in our prayers! :)