Monday, May 5, 2008

Bluebonnet Photoshoot, Softball, & Kids' Hope Picnic

Okay, please prepare yourself for some VERY bad photography by Lindsay! This past weekend I had the great idea to take the girls to have their pictures made in the bluebonnets. For Mother's Day, I was going to give my mom and Michael's mom a beautiful picture of their three granddaughters! NO SUCH LUCK! First of all, I drove almost to the Sulphur Springs turn off on Hwy 19 just to find a small patch of bluebonnets. I waited a little too long! I didn't realize that they come and go so fast each year. As you can see below, my intentions were good, but the pictures definitely weren't! Aubrie, you're not supposed to talk....just smile!
Emma did NOT like the sticky grass on her legs! Can't say I blame her though!
1 looking, 2 not!
This would have been a good one if they all were looking!

Over HERE, Aubrie!
It helps if I can see your face, honey!
No idea where she gets this attitude?!
Okay, let's try Kaitlyn standing and holding Emma! Aubrie picked a bluebonnet - don't tell!

See my pretty flower, Momma!?
Kaitlyn is saying, "She' getting heavy!" Emma just wants to take a nap!
Could she look ANYMORE like her daddy!?
I've had enough!
Well, I've figure out why Aubrie wouldn't cooperate in the group shot! She wanted the spotlight all to herself! This was actually a good thing though b/c the other reason I went is to get a good picture of her for her birthday invitations!
I just like this one for her hair!

If you would like to vote on your favorite, please comment and let me know which one between the ones I have numbered! I'm torn between #1, #2, & #5!
#1
Not this one, I just like this expression!#2
Not this one either, just like this expression, too!
#3
#4
#5
Kaitlyn is playing softball again this year. She is on the Hot Shotz. She is getting to be quite a good player. I think she is into it more this year. We made her choose between softball and soccer this season b/c we just couldn't do it all. She's also in gymnastics. To those of you that can juggle more than 2 activities, my hat goes off to you! This was the team after their most recent victory!On first base!
From the dugout!
First Baptist church and the school I work at - Justiss have partnered together since last year in a mentoring program called Kids' Hope. It is kind of like Big Brothers/Big Sisters in that it puts a trained adult with one of our less fortunate kids that need extra encouragement and TLC. Last weekend Kiwanis sponsored a picnic for these kids and their sponsors at Camp Kiwanis. Michael was working, so I took the girls out there to visit. Emma was sooo good and just sat in her stroller the whole time and smiled for everyone.Aubrie enjoyed riding her tricycle around the pavilion. She wouldn't look at the camera though - imagine that!
Both girls were asleep by the time we got back to the highway to go home! They had a blast!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always love to read your Blog!For the Pictures of Aubrie...I really like #1.It is soooo her!BTW for Kiddie Kollege Graduation I made a CD with ALL the Pictures i took over the School Year..this Way my "blogger"Moms can have some School Pictures for their Blogs.Cant wait to see Miss Buttercup Tomorrow!

Amy said...

I love one and two..ooh, so hard. I like them both equally! Im glad you figured out the BB thing for me...I was gonna go this weekend and take some..I thought I may have waited to long...now I know!

Anonymous said...

My vote is #1. They are all so cute!

Molly Woodall said...

#2 or #4....I can't choose. But honestly, I really love the closeup of her (that you like her hair)....that is precious! That attitude just SCREAMS Lindsay! I love those girls!

Anonymous said...

YEAH BABE GOT TO GO WITH PIC # 4 OR # 5 LOVE ALL THOUGHT YOU DO A GREAT JOB ON THIS BLOG. I LOOK AT IT EVERY MORING AT WORK I LOVE YOU AND HAVE A GREAT DAY MICHAEL

Rachel said...

Great post. Picture #1 is my favorite.

Ramey and Stephanie said...

All those pictures are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

all the pictures all good one.i am glad you have to pick.

Tammy said...

That is so funny that Aubrey would only take good pictures by herself! What a cutie! I really like picture #1 but they are all SO GOOD!