Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I Love My Job!!!!!

I know you would probably rather see pics of my girls, but I thought it was about time to post some pics of my kids away from home - my music kids from school. I teach music grades 1-5. This is my 3rd year to do this and I have definitely found what I love to do! Michael asked me the other day if I missed being in the regular classroom (which I did for 4 years) and I said NOT IN THE LEAST!!! Besides teaching 5 classes a day, I do 4 programs a year (my favorite part). Last week was the 1st graders turn to perform and this year they did a musical called
"Rock & Roll Forever"
Here are some pics of my little Elvis singin' Blue Suede Shoes! He was so cute!

The Beatles also came to town!

And you can't have a 50's Rock & Roll show without some poodle girls!
Several weeks ago, we had a "pie throwing contest" for the top readers in each grade! I volunteered to have a pie thrown at me. We look like the flying nuns with these Wal-mart sacs on our heads!!! These are my school buds - Sabrina on the left and Penny on the right.

The whole fearless gang - Julie, Charlotte, me, Eveline, Penny, & Sabrina
After the fact - yep! That second grader got me good!

Don't ya just love the yellow slickers!?



4 comments:

Amy said...

Hmm...That Elvis looks ALMOST as cute as MY Elvis!! In case you need a reminder of just HOW cute he WAS...there is a picture on my page! That is so neat that you get to do something that you love so much! You are a brave woman letting a kid throw a pie at you!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you found something you love so much. It makes it easy to go to work when you love it!!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

You are so brave to have a pie thrown at you or are you very smart? And I love me some Elvis!!!

Scott and Cheryl said...

I had no idea that you worked with Sabrina! You'll have to tell her that I said hello - we graduated high school together :)