Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tribute to Mrs. Petra......

As I said in the last post, Aubrie just finished her 2nd year of Kiddie Kollege. She has enjoyed both years so much, mainly because she has had such wonderful teachers. Mrs. Petra was her teacher this year and boy has she been through a lot. Her husband was in Iraq for most of the school year AND she spent the whole first half of the year or more with a huge brace on her leg from a terrible injury. Do you think any of this stopped her even a little? No way! She was there almost everyday, dispite her personal life and she did this b/c she LOVES these little ones so much! She potty trained Aubrie too for the most part! Thank you, thank you! Aubrie would come home everyday and instead of talking about her friends at school, she would talk about her teacher instead. It makes it so much easier when you know your child is happy and content when away from you! She learned so very much, but most importantly she developed such a beautiful teacher/student relationship with her Mrs. Petra - which is so special since I myself am a teacher. It feels so good when you really connect with a student! You feel like you are really making a difference. When I asked Aubrie who she wanted to invite to her birthday party coming up and the first person she named was Mrs. Petra! So sweet! So this post is honoring her and what she's done for my sweet girl! Thank you so much, Mrs. Petra! Here are some pics that she took of Aubrie throughout the year! Enjoy!



This was her "Meet the Teacher" day. I was still in the hospital after having Emma.
Do you think it phased her?


On picture day! I only remember b/c she has pigtails and that was the ONLY day she wore them. She HATES to wear her hair up! In fact nowadays she won't even talk about it.




Helping Mrs. Petra!


This was taken on a firetruck the day that the firemen came to visit.
My little clown on Halloween!

Playing with instruments.


Partying hard at the Christmas party!
I didn't take this picture, but I'm guessing she was pouting. Am I right, Mrs. Petra?

I've seen this look too many times!
Fun with the girls!
On the playground!
In the gym!
Must've been someone's birthday!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Petra sounds like one of Torie's preschool teachers...and it makes the biggest difference to know how much your child loves going! I am glad she had such an awesome teacher! Are you finished with school yet?

Trent's Tribune said...

I am so happy that she (and you) have had such a wonderful experience! I love seeing the pictures of your girls! They are too cute!! Any big plans for summer?

Molly Woodall said...

So PRECIOUS! I can't believe how she's changed from the first of the year.
Mrs Petra made a lot of memories for Aubrie this year....and I bet Mrs. Petra has a LOT too!
Love you all!

Amy said...

Adorable pictures. All that blonde hair! I want Mrs. Petra's phone number so she can potty train Nate! ;)