Monday, September 22, 2008

Our Precious Emma....

We are taking Emma to a neurosurgeon at Children’s Hospital in Dallas this Thursday the 25th. This is actually a 6 month follow-up visit. Her head has grown at a very high rate since birth. Her doctor here sent us when she was 6 months old to have a Catscan done…he was concerned that she had hydrocephalus (big word, I know….it means fluid on the brain). If she had had it, they would have had to put a permanent shunt in her head that would drain the fluid off the brain….We were terrified to say the least. Thank God her test came out fine and she didn’t have it. We believe that this was because of all the prayers that went up on her behalf!!! The neurosurgeon in Dallas looked at and measured Michael and my heads and said that we both have above average sized heads (yeah, thanks) and that it would stop growing or "catch up" by age 2. Well, we took her for her 1 year old "well-check" last week and her dr. here is STILL concerned because her head has grown another 2 centimeters since May….he said that her head is the size of most adults. I know her head looks big compared to the other babies at church her age…but seriously….it is not as big as an adults head…..Please be in prayer about this as we go this Thursday!!!! We appreciate them sooo much and we know that God is in control.

4 comments:

Molly Woodall said...

Miss Emma...you are just the prettiest little thing and I know that things are going to be good! You have too many prayer warriors on your side!
I love you!

Dana said...

My prayers are with you. Though it scares us parents to death we should rest easy in over cautious doctors that would rather have further testing than miss something. I will pray that your precious little girl is just making room for all those smarts she has!

Amy said...

We are praying for Emma!! Call me!! I am home from Ft. Worth.

Anonymous said...

She will for sure be in my prayers...I can't imagine how scary it is for you as a mommy.